The cardinal rule of hospitality industry is that the customer is always right. The most important job in the hospitality sector is giving the guests a warm reception, provide them with entertainment, and other facilities. Here are some more things you could do to provide your customers with a great guest experience.
- Right Tone of VoiceWhether you are manning the front desk or are a restaurant hostess, you represent the establishment for which you work. The manner and tone with which you approach the clients set the pace for the experience your guests have at that establishment. You should ensure that you have a friendly and welcoming tone that makes the customers feel happy to be at your establishment.
- Listening to the ClientIt is pertinent that you listen to the guests for them to have a good experience at your establishment. Addressing their queries and answering their questions by providing a concrete solution makes the guests feel cared for. Being unable to solve a problem or brushing off their concerns could lead to the customer feeling neglected and unimportant making their opinion of you turn sour.
- Work as a Well-Oiled MachineYour establishment needs to work like a well-oiled machine. If there is a problem and you can do something to help out, you should do it even if it is out of your scope of duties. This is because the poor performance of one of your co-workers will reflect on not only that person, but on the entire establishment. The seamless stepping in for each other ensures that your establishment continues to work without a hitch and the customers are satisfied.
- Take Initiativegoing the extra mile can never go wrong, especially in the hospitality industry. In every industry, employees are encouraged to go above and beyond for their clients and it is especially true for the hospitality industry as it is extremely important for you to make the guests feel important, welcome and special. Offering a wheelchair-bound guest special amenities before they ask for it, or volunteering information about local events that the guests might be interested in are some ways to take initiative.
- Offer Novel ExperienceOne of the main things that guests look forward to these days is exploring the local culture. It would bode well for your establishment for you to inform your guests of the cultural events, festivals, and food. More travellers these days are interested in the local cuisine and many are bold enough to try it. You could also organise a tour bus taking the guests around the city or put together an exhibition of local handicrafts. The unique services you provide to your guests will set you apart from your competitors and provide a great guest experience to your customers.