National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT) is a national level exam conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) for admission to the B.Sc. Course in Hospitality and Hotel Administration (B.Sc.HHA) across the Country.
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (Society) was set up in the year 1982 by Government of India as an autonomous body for coordinated growth and development of hospitality management education in the country.
Initially, the Council was set up in the name of National Board of Studies in Food Management, Catering & Nutrition under the administrative control of Ministry of Agriculture (Deptt. Of Food) and subsequently it was transferred to Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India in the year 1984 with renaming as National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology. The office of the Council is situated at A-34, Sector-62, Noida (U.P.) in its own building whereas registered office is at Pusa, New Delhi.
The Council regulates academics in the field of Hospitality Education & training that is imparted at the 21 (twenty one) Central Govt. sponsored Institutes of Hotel Management, 19 (nineteen) State Govt. sponsored IHMs offering Degree level program; 3 (three) State Govt. sponsored IHMs offering Diploma/Craft Certificate level programs, 1 (one) PSU owned Institute, 13 (thirteen) private Institutes and 9 (nine) Food Craft Institutes that function in different parts of the country.
Through the Council, these institutes offer 11 (eleven) different professional programs leading to award of Certificate, Diploma, Post Graduate Diploma, Bachelor and Master Degree. (The last two programs are in collaboration with Indira Gandhi National Open University).
- This year, NCHMCET JEE is scheduled for April 27, 2019 in computer-based mode.
- The Application fee is INR 800 (GEN or OBC) & INR 400 (SC/ST/PD/Transgender ).
- Must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
- NCHMCET JEEAdmit Cardcan be downloaded from April 03, 2019 onwards.
- The exam consists of 200 objective type questions. 4 mark is awarded for every correct answer and 1 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Candidates can check their NCHMCET JEE Result on the official website from May 15, 2019.
- NCHM JEE 2019 Cut off will be decided on the basis of minimum qualifying marks criteria and rank obtained by the test-takers.
NCHMCT JEE 2019 Eligibility
Before fill the application form, candidates will have to check if they clear the eligibility criteria. All applicants must have submitted their physical fitness certificate approved by a registered medical practitioner in the specified format as mentioned in the official website.
The common eligibility criteria for all courses are:
- Candidates should have cleared the secondary and senior secondary level of exam with English as compulsory subject. Clearing English subject is mandatory.
- Candidates appearing for final exam and awaiting final result are also eligible to apply for the exam (provided they submit their proof of qualifying 10+2 standard exam along with other eligibility conditions at the time of admission or counselling).
- Applicants who have finished 12 years of official schooling in order are eligible to apply for the program.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
- Any Public-School Examination in India or in a foreign country acknowledged by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
- S.C. Vocational Examination accepted by NCVT and SCVT of the state applicant belongs to.
- The higher age limit for General & OBC applicants is 22 years as on 1st August 2019
- The higher age limit for SC/ST is 25 years as on 1st August 2019.
- Applicant should fulfil the minimum age criteria set by the exam conducting body.
NCHMCT JEE 2019 Application Form
Students can check here the details of online application form of NCHMCT JEE 2019:
- NCHMCT JEE Application Form will be available from January 15, 2019 to March 15, 2019 in online mode.
- Students should fill all the details on the application form carefully.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned imageof recent photograph (online mode).
- Candidates should take a print copy of the complete filled-in application form for future use.
- There is no option for sending of the off-line/hard copy of application form.
- The Application fee is INR 800 (GEN or OBC) & INR 400 (SC/ST/PD).
- Students can pay the fee through online mode using Credit/Debit Card.
NCHMCT 2019 Admit Card
The admit cards are available online on the official website. NCHMCT JEE 2019 admit card is available from April 03, 2019 onwards to download. NCHMCT Admit card are not be delivered to candidate via courier or post services. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without admit card.